This Special Interest Group of the Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies is devoted to developing community and sharing resources for clinical psychology faculty, students, and alumni of liberal arts colleges. This group is composed of clinical scientists who are committed to promoting evidence in their teaching, research and clinical practices.
The goals of this group are to:
- Provide a forum for members to communicate about issues related to conducting research in clinical psychology at liberal arts colleges
- Foster collaborations among researchers at liberal arts colleges
- Facilitate communication and sharing of resources related to teaching clinical psychology (and related topics) at the undergraduate level
- Provide support and professional networking opportunities for members, including clinical psychology graduate students interested in faculty jobs at liberal arts colleges as well as student alumni applying to graduate school and faculty positions
We have a CPLAC SIG Facebook Group. This group provides a forum for SIG members to share information about teaching, research, and more. All current SIG members are eligible to join the Facebook group, and all requests to join must be approved by an administrator.
Board Members, 2017-2018
- CPLAC President: Ashley Borders, The College of New Jersey
- CPLAC Vice President: Kerstin Blomquist, Furman University
- CPLAC Secretary: Jed Siev, Swarthmore College
- CPLAC Treasurer: Helen MacDonald, Emmanuel College